8/09/2005

"Perfect Imperfections"

I won't wait after the guy who chases after me. Who ditches his friends to hang out with me. Who tells me I look beautiful with smeary makeup and sweatpants (because I don't). I won't wait for the guy who will sit under the stars with me for hours, or who will carry my bags when I'm shopping. Nor the guy who tells me how lucky he is to have me 24/7. I'm not planning to wait for the guy who calls me back after I hang up on him (because face it, if I hung up, I don't want to talk, retard). I refuse to be sad waiting for the perfect guy to pop into my life.

Because let's face it, he doesn't exist. No one is perfect and I think people should realize that. Face it, you can't have everything you want in a person. The guy you're waiting for is not going to come. I refuse to wait for the "perfect guy", because think how many great people I could miss out on while I'm busy preoccupying myself with perfectionistic attitudes.I'm not being desperate, just realistic. Didn't someone once say that "Love isn't about someone being perfect, it's about making the imperfect person perfect." It's true. Just a thought.

And another note, I wrote this by myself. Unlike the 600 girls on nexopia who copied it off each other's pages to use on their own. Please ask for permission if you'd like to use this.

©R.H.'05

No comments: