3/10/2005

So; this isn't really a rant. But I guess it needs to get done.

Dear Brandon,

It's been a year since we broke up. A year ago today. I figured I needed to write this, just to tell you that I'm over you, and things aren't going to bother me as much as they used to. I have new friends now, people who really care about me for who I am, and who are going to stick by me. They're not going to go hideously depressed on me, and they're not going to make themselves bleed and make me feel bad.
Maybe you were trying to do the best, I'm not sure, I'm kind of trying to understand how it was from your point of view. You said you loved me, but did you really? I don't know if you actually put the meanings behind the words. I thought at one point you were just trying to get into my pants, because you kept asking me to have sex. At points I wanted to, but I'm glad I stood my ground because it was a good choice for me.
I'm over you now, and I don't want to go back. I don't want to do much drugs anymore, I don't want to drink or smoke. What happened on New Years was a mistake. I know it, I hope you know it too. It was a bad choice on our part, and we're lucky Krysta didn't find out. I'm glad she didn't. I don't ever want something like that to happen again, it made me feel horrible after it happened. I quit drinking after that. I haven't had anything since January 1. It feels like a personal accomplishment to me, and I'm happy about that.
I think about you all the time, sometimes it's just remembering, and sometimes it's being upset. It's kind of weird, but I can handle it now. Some days I wonder if you think about me, then I realize it's irrelevant.
Nonetheless, I'm writing this just to say we're completely through now after all this time.
And you can't affect me, not anymore.
-Rach

No comments: