3/20/2005

Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

Think of all the things you did before, write them in a letter that says reborn.
This is pretty much what I wish you would do, despite the fact you always hated Coheed and Cambria. You were the type of amazing close minded individual a lot of people could fall for...okay, so by a lot of people, I meant me. Except this time there was a difference, you fell back. At least at the beginning. Now, you've changed. We don't talk, except to argue over which of our favorite bands is better. I don't like the Blood Brothers, you still hate Avenged Sevenfold, like you did before. Before, it was different. We could accept the differences we had, and we lived with them and still were friends. We went to your house a lot, you've never been to this end of town. It was close to an hour bus ride there, and you never came here, although I didn't mind that. I'd ride the six to University, and hop the LRT until the second last stop. I loved riding the LRT by myself, I barely ever went on it, and when I did it was a signal that I was going to see you. I anticipated and as it went past Bay and Churchill and Central, the feelings got better. We'd meet at your stop, and walk the 10 blocks to your house on the North side of town. You told me stories as we walked, the story about that factory that burnt down, or whatever it was. And how you were there, and what you felt. I've always been a feelings person. We'd get to the field near your house, and make fun of the things like the Love Boutique. The first time I came, my mom gave me a ride. We got lost on the way. And then you gave me the wrong house number, I still remember. Your little sisters were so cute; they danced to the Unicorns, we both thought it was adorable. I guess one of the things I remember most is the futon. The squeaky one that you slept on. We'd lay on that together, and it was kind of like just sitting around and dreaming. It was happy. I wish we could go back. We could have laid there for hours, I bet. I remember the time we watched the Butterfly Effect. I was barely paying attention to the movie, I was paying more attention to what you looked like, and how you were feeling. At the time, I wanted to freeze the moment in my memory, and some days now I want it to melt away into the cracks of my mind. I don't remember what day you told me you liked me. But you did. "Rach" "I think I like you" or something similar or to that effect. I was so happy. And I liked you back, but I didn't say it. Maybe things would have been different if I did. I would take myself back if I could. I wanted to be around you a lot of the time. You were fun, and it made me happy. I miss those days. A while later, something happened, and you didn't like me anymore. Bright Eyes is my favorite artist now. I wonder if you know. I wonder if you remember the first song I listened to, because of you. It was Something Vague. Do you remember the time you told me to listen to The Tide by The Spill Canvas? I love them now. I guess I just wish I could go back. Things definetely aren't the same now. You had a girlfriend, and then you liked Steph. Now we argue over stupid things. You said I was annoying. I'm not sure you even respect me anymore, and I doubt that that will change. Do you know that I felt bad when you didn't add me to your new msn, because I thought you hated me or I did something wrong? I wonder if us being on each other's friends list on nexopia is just a pointless facade. I know you felt really guilty about leading me on before, and I've accepted that, even though it's still upsetting. I guess I miss the older you. A lot. Maybe you miss the old me, but I doubt that. We're both different now and we have to move on. Okay, so I have to move on...I'm living in the past I guess. I wonder how you'd feel if you read this. You'd probably think I'm stupid, and what's to say that I'm not? Nothing, that's what.
I'm not sure. I guess I just wish things would go back to the way they were, and I suppose it sucks that they never will.

No comments: