3/24/2005

prettyboysmakeprettygirlscry.

the pretty ones will break your heart
she told me one day, as we walked
through the broken trees, and the slushy streets
and the sidewalks, now covered in puddles
they look dead.
they look, and feels dead.
like my heart, which unfortunately
is still beating.
we plough through the mess
and she tells me about him
and what she thinks,
everything about him
and i don't want to hear it.
it hurts too much, and i am alone.
she goes on, and on and on.
if we weren't around each other so often, i would run
run and scream, to drown out the words
that are sinking through my brain like knives.
and sinking into my heart
like mud
my shoes are trapped
and so are my feelings.
for i can't handle them.
while i walk, with her
but truly by myself.
he isn't going to break her heart this time, she tells me
they are perfect, and they will be for quite a while
she has him this time, this time
it will be different.
but i wait, in my darkness, alone, i wait.
and she comes back crying,
and tells me what he has done.
and how her heart,
her heart is broken into a thousand pieces
how she should have listened to me in the first place.
and i remember what she has said;
that the pretty ones will break my heart
it's screaming in my head, "sweetheart, they already broke yours!"
but she cannot listen, as she is still going on, and on and on
so i shrug my shoulders, and get off the bus
and continue to walk, with my thoughts tumbling inside my head.
for it's not her, but me that is gone
and i slowly walk away, into the cold winter air
but i am still walking.
i am still walking on my own one way street to nowhere.
not sure which side of me to trust.

No comments: