12/02/2005

Double edged.

It's amazing how things can be so double edged. One side can be super good, and one can be super bad. Maybe it's reliant on destiny, or faith, or attitude, but honestly I don't think anyone really knows.
I'm going to use hope for an example in this entry, because I've been thinking about hope for a long time lately. People hope for many different things. You can hope for a new pet, you can hope for a new lover, you can hope to die, you can hope to live, you can hope to pass tests...you can almost hope anything. What happens though, when you cease to hope? Is it a positive or negative thing?
Personally, I think ceasing to hope is a good idea. When you're not hoping for anything, you aren't looking forward to something that may not happen, something that may not come true. That way when it doesn't happen after all, you aren't disappointed.
Now the hard part is putting the plan, of learning how to cease hoping into action.
As soon as you find out how, tell me.
I'll be waiting.

No comments: