10/20/2006

Legal Age

18+ shows honestly make me really annoyed/upset.
I can think of two particular reasons of having them, so alcohol can be served and so annoying teenagers don't screw around. But honestly. When your favorite bands are coming to town and you think you will have the opportunity to see them, it's really a blow when you go to Ticketmaster's website and learn that the show is 18+, and you are underage. It must be worse in places like BC for example, because their legal age is 19.

I still think it would be better for bands to play all ages shows, though. Maybe to make everyone happy, they could play an all ages show, and an 18+ show? It would certainly give them the opportunity to get more money (I know I know, blah blah blah, all bands aren't monetarily based), and it would give ALL fans a chance to experience live music. And if people who are over 18 have a problem with teenagers, they could go to the 18+ show.

In general, I think SOME legal age stuff is stupid. For example, I know people my age, or underage, that are smart and mature. And, I know people of legal age who are, let's say...dumber than a sack of hammers. Obviously society has to set regulations in place to regulate things such as alcohol and tobacco consumption, etc, it just frustrates me sometimes.

No comments: